NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that a Public Hearing will be held on Wednesday February 16, 2022, beginning at 7:30 p.m. or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard via ZOOM for the adoption of the Community Choice Aggregation (“CCA”) Program Law of the Village of Montebello, a Local Law of 2022, designation number to be filled in on or before the Public Hearing, which will enable the Village to establish a framework and procedures, as regulated by the New York Public Service Commission (“PSC”) to act as follows:
- To purchase energy in combination with other municipal entities thus likely stabilizing and lowering the cost per KWHR for all participants.
- To assure emphasis upon renewable energy sources thus helping to minimize the reliance upon fossil fuels and lowering the carbon footprint.
- To contract with an administrator at no cost to the Village or its participants to oversee the process to act in the best interest of the Village to meet its energy needs and those of its residents.
- To permit maximum flexibility in allowing the Village and its residents freedom in moving in and out of the program.
- Related activities as germane to the process.
All interested parties are invited to attend. The proposed law will be available for inspection and review at the Village Office during normal working hours, Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm as well as on the Village of Montebello website www.villageofmontebello.com. ZOOM instructions will be found on the website.
Village Clerk – Treasurer
Village of Montebello
One Montebello Road
Montebello, NY 10901
Warren E. Berbit