Place bins curbside the night before collection or by 6:00AM. Bring bins in immediately after collection. THIS IS A MANDATORY PROGRAM, PLEASE COOPERATE. Recycling collection is every Wednesday.
- BLUE SQUARE BIN – Newspaper, office paper, grocery bags, notebook paper, construction paper, soft cover workbooks, telephone books, paperback books, magazines, junk mail, cereal boxes. Corrugated boxes must be broken down flat and tied together with string.
- ROUND GREEN BIN – Glass bottles, aluminum cans, tin containers, milk cartons, juice boxes, aluminum foil (pie plates, etc.)
- TREE BRANCHES – No larger than 6 in. in diameter and less than 4 ft. in length, tied and bundled, yard debris/grass clippings (placed in brown recyclable brown bags, leaves (placed in brown biodegradable bags)
Leaves and Tree Branches
Place place curbside the night before collection or by 6:00AM. Pick up is every Tuesday.
No larger than 6 in. in diameter and less than 4 ft. in length, tied and bundled, yard debris/grass clippings (placed in brown recyclable brown bags, leaves (placed in brown biodegradable bags)
Household Hazardous Waste & Electronic Collection
Fire Training Center in Pomona, 845-364-2444
Operating Schedule is Monday – Friday from 8:00AM to 1:00PM
WHAT YOU CAN BRING
Oil and latex paint (all paint products), Household cleaners, pool chemicals, 20 lbs. BBQ propane tanks, antifreeze, computer, televisions, electronic equipment, pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, driveway sealers, motor oil and oil filters
WHAT YOU CAN NOT BRING
Empty containers, Sharps containers, tires, compressed gas tanks (oxygen tanks, acetylene tanks), construction material, medical biological or pharmaceutical waste, air conditioner, kitchen appliance, hand tools and vacuum cleaners.
For more information visit the Rockland County Solid Waste Management Authority website.
Town of Ramapo Dump
Open Monday – Friday 7:30AM – 4:00PM
Directions: Take Route 59 west through Main Street (Lafayette Avenue) in Suffern. At the end, make a right, go over tracks, and stay left. Approximately 2 miles down, make a right on Torne Valley Road. Take that 1.5 miles, weight station is ahead on right.
- Can compost leaves, grass and food scrapes except meat and dairy products.
- Easy to assemble and easy to use.
- Has a locking lid and secures to the ground for rodent resistance.
- Made with 50% recycled plastic.
- Aesthetic appearance.
- Distribution will accompany a hands-on educational component.
- For a composting bin contact Solid Waste Authority or visit the website.
If you are interested, call Solid Waste Authority, 845-753-2200