PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that a Public Hearing will be held on Wednesday May 19, 2021, beginning at 7:30 p.m. or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard via ZOOM to consider adopting two local laws.
Local Law 2 of 2021
Local Law 3 of 2021
Local Law No. 2 of 2021 is entitled: “AMENDING CHAPTER 195, ZONING, CHAPTER 89 FIRE PREVENTION, AND CHAPTER 163, SUBDIVISION OF LAND, TO CLARIFY THE STANDARDS FOR GATHERING PLACES AND PLACES OF WORSHIP, AND TO BETTER DEFINE THE ROLE OF THE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT REVIEW COMMITTEE”, thus amending Chapters 195, 89, and 163 of the Village Code, as more particularly set forth in said Local Law, but summarized as follows.
The Village periodically reviews its Zoning Code and other related chapters of the Village Code to ensure internal consistency and that the various provisions continue to effectively implement their purposes. The Village identified certain provisions that require minor amendments in order to effectuate these goals.
- Section 2 of the Local Law clarifies definitions of “residential gathering place,” “home occupation,” “community place of worship,” and “neighborhood place of worship.”
- Section 3 of the Local Law clarifies the standards for “Residential Gathering Places.”
- Section 4 of the Local Law clarifies the standards for “Neighborhood Places of Worship.”
- Section 5 of the Local Law clarifies the standards for “Community Places of Worship.”
- Section 6 of the Local Law sets out specific operating procedures for the Community Development Review Committee (CDRC) with the Zoning Code Chapter.
- Section 7 of the Local Law sets out the procedure for Site Plan Reviews to be referred to the CDRC.
- Section 8 of the Local Law sets out the procedure for the Zoning Board of Appeals to request analysis and recommendations from the CDRC.
- Section 9 of the Local Law sets out a procedure for the Village Board to request analysis and recommendations from the CDRC on petitions for zoning amendments.
- Section 10 of the Local Law sets out a procedure for the Planning Board or Village Board to request analysis and recommendations from the CDRC for special permit applications.
- Section 11 of the Local Law clarifies procedures for referral of subdivision applications to the CDRC.
- Section 12 of the Local Law removes the exemption for religious worship places of assembly from meeting applicable Fire Codes.
Local Law No. 3 of 2021 is entitled: “AMENDING CHAPTER 195, ZONING, TO CLARIFY THE STANDARDS FOR LIGHTING, TO PREVENT GLARE AND NUISANCES AT USES NOT REQUIRING SITE PLAN REVIEW”, thus amending Chapter 195 of the Village Code, as more particularly set forth in said Local Law, but summarized as follows:
Currently the Village of Montebello has extensive standards for lighting for all structures and uses requiring site plan review, found in Chapter 146 Site Development Plans, §146-9.B. However, the Village has received many complaints in recent years about lighting installations at residences and at other land uses not requiring site plan reivew. This local law will require all buildings and land uses to comply with basic lighting standards, by adding such standards to the general performance standards portion of the Zoning Code, Chapter 195
All interested parties are invited to attend. The proposed law will be available for inspection and review at the Village Office during normal working hours, Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm as well as on the Village of Montebello website www.villageofmontebello.com.
Village Clerk – Treasurer
Village of Montebello
One Montebello Road
Montebello, NY 10901
Warren E. Berbit
Village Attorney, April 21, 2021