The National Weather Service is predicting significant impacts from Winter Storm Gail on Wednesday afternoon into Thursday. Heavy snow (8-12 inches), strong winds, sleet with minor flooding are the main hazards associated with this system. Strong winds, heavy snow and ice have the potential to cause power outages and network damage.
- O&R has declared a Storm Watch today. The storm activity has the potential to cause power line damage and electric service interruptions, so company and contractor overhead line crews and tree removal crews are ramping up for a high-volume outage response to the storm, as are damage assessment, site safety, customer service operations and the wide array of O&R teams that support those functions. In addition to its company crews, O&R has hired 50 additional overhead line technicians to supplement its own field forces to repair damage and restore service interruptions resulting from this event. To prepare for the severe weather, O&R electric and gas crews are securing active work sites today to prevent wind and water damage from the predicted storm. If you have an outage, please call ORANGE AND ROCKLAND DIRECT AT 1-877-434-4100.
- TRASH – If you are scheduled for garbage pickup today or tomorrow, please put out your garbage and the carter will try to pick it up. If they are unable to pickup DUE TO THE WINTER STORM, they will make every attempt to pickup on Friday or Saturday. Please do not call Village Hall. The Carter will do the best they can under the winter storm conditions.
- CABLE – Optimum is monitoring the network and will report any significant impacts to the system. In the event the service goes out, Optimum suggests you either (1) visit “My Account” for updates, (2) message them at optimum.net/chat, (3) Tweet them @optimumhelp, or (4) call them at (866) 950-3278.
- HOME – If you have a generator, make sure you have it properly placed and have plenty of gas for it. If you have WELL WATER, please make sure you have plenty of water on hand.
- TREES – If there are any trees down that have fallen due to the storm that are endangering, please contact the Town of Ramapo Police Department at (845) 357-2400.
Most importantly, stay safe!!