When to vote early
- 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. October 26 and 27
- Noon to 8 p.m. October 28
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. October 29
- 12 to 8 p.m. October 30
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. October 31 and November 1
- 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. November 2 and 3
Where to vote early
- Ramapo Town Hall, 237 Route 59, Airmont
- On Election Day itself, NOVEMBER 5, voters must go to their regular polling places.
How to vote early
- There will be a dedicated room at the town hall where early voting will be taking place.
- An electronic poll book system will be used that requires each voter to provide information including name and date of birth. No form of ID is required. These devices will replace the oversize hard-copy sign-in books used at all polling places starting in 2020.
- Once the voter’s name is found in the system, the voter’s electronic signature is checked against previous signatures on file in the Board of Elections database.
- Once the signature is verified by two poll workers, the voter receives a receipt that is used to print out a ballot.
- The voter then goes into a privacy booth and fills out the ballot as usual.
- A person whose name does not come up in the electronic poll book system can request an affidavit ballot. The elections commissioners later would rule on the affidavit’s validity.
- The Commissioners rule if the Affidavits are valid or invalid and are counted 2 weeks later along with the absentee ballots.
- More information is available at letnyvote.org.